The Poism Standard or Poism Multi-Site Web Hosting plans both allow you to create full fledged IMAP/POP email accounts (in addition to simple forwarding addresses).
Note that email storage will count toward your web hosting quota. In order to avoid using up your web hosting storage and to simplify setup on all of your mobile devices we highly recommend Adding your account to Gmail.
However, if you wish to use your own email client directly, these are the required settings:
Secure SSL/TLS Settings:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Use the email account’s password.
- Incoming Server: stewie.securedserverspace.com
- IMAP Port: 993
- POP3 Port: 995
- Outgoing Server: stewie.securedserverspace.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- Authentication is required for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP.
- IMAP email access coordinates between the server and your mail application. Messages that have been read/deleted/replied to will show up as such, both on the server and in the mail application.
- POP3 does not coordinate with the server. Messages marked as read/deleted/replied to in the mail application will not show up as such on the server. This means that future mail downloads with POP3 will show all messages as unread.
- Outgoing mail is sent using SMTP.
- We recommend using POP3 over SSL/TLS or IMAP over SSL/TLS since they provide increased security for your interactions with the remote mail server.
Please feel free to contact us for further assistance.
Posting has been disabled.